Congresswoman Debbie Dingell is currently seeking interns for the winter and spring 2017 semesters. Read below for more information:
Interested in learning more about the inner-workings of a Congressional District office? Want to gain hands-on political and constituent services experience which working for a Member of Congress that fights every day for issues like protecting women’s rights, the environment, and standing up for working families?
Congresswoman Debbie Dingell is seeking interns for the Winter/Spring 2017 Semester. Interns play a critical role in our team to help us manage the day to day workings of a Congressional Office. Fill out this form to find out more about our opportunities and how to apply!
Congresswoman Debbie Dingell represents Michigan’s 12th Congressional District. In Washtenaw County, she serves the cities of Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, and the townships of, Pittsfield, Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Superior, and parts of Scio Township. In Wayne County, she serves Sumpter and Van Buren Townships, Belleville, Dearborn, parts of Dearborn Heights, and the Downriver communities.
Term: We are looking for interns to start in the Winter/Spring Semester 2017
Hours: We ask that interns work a minimum of 10-20 hours a week in our office
What we’re looking for in applicants:
- Passionate about local, state, and federal government issues and interest in learning how Congress works
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
Responsibilities will include:
- Interact directly with constituents to guide and support them through various concerns on political issues, or navigating the federal government
- Day to day office work such as answering phones, writing letters to constituents, and keeping office systems in order
- Assist staff members with event planning and management
- Assist various staff members with federal agency casework
- Attend community events as a member of our team
- Record, track, and respond to constituent concerns on various political issues
Fill out this form to hear more from one of our staff about internship opportunities and how to apply.
Please direct any questions to Callie Bruley firstname.lastname@example.org