By: Samantha Therrien
Editor’s note: This blog is part of a series of guest posts from social media students at Eastern Michigan University. Follow the conversations at #LRNSMPR and @ginaluttrell.
Once you find out you’re going to be a parent, you should download the Ovia app! It’s very easy to use and understand.
One feature of the app is the daily journal, which is a nice feature to have because you can track everything during your pregnancy. When you go to your doctor’s appointments, you have all on your app that is on your phone. You get to trace your weight, activity, sleep, moods, symptoms, medicine, and much more. For what women are going through during their pregnancy, this just make things a lot easier in regards to what you need to know about what’s going on with your body because you’re growing a child.
The other app feature I absolutely love is the video portion. You get one video each week that tells you what your body is going to experience during that week. But you need to remember that every woman is different, so you may not experience everything that is in the video, but it gives you a stepping stone. I never miss a video!
This is a free app for the Android and iPhone. If you visit Ovuline.com, you will see the company has a couple of other apps, which are for fertility and parenting.
I think this app is more useful on the marketing side than the public relations side because it’s about your pregnancy. It’s marketing what you and your body are going though during pregnancy. In regards to PR, if you’re in an office and working with women who are pregnant, you can download the app and see what they’re going through.
1. Easy to use.
2. This app helps you through your pregnancy. The journal helps you remember the things that you want to keep track of.
3. You can see the size of the baby’s hand each week. I just think it’s a cute way to see how the baby is growing.
4. You can pick different themes of the size of the baby. The size changes every week. The themes you can choose from are fruits and vegetables, Parisian bakery, fun/games, and weird, but cute animals.
5. You can post pictures of how big your stomach is getting.
6. There are good recipes that are good for the pregnancy.
1. You can’t link the app to social media accounts, which I think they need to change so that everyone can see how your baby is growing.
2. It would be nice if they had a website for the small number of people who still like using web browsers.
Samantha Therrien is a guest blogger.