EMU PRSSA will be electing the new 2016-2017 executive board at our Tuesday, March 22 meeting. Elections will start promptly at 5:30 p.m. in SC 304.
To apply for any E-board position, members must submit a letter of intent (a cover letter) that states why they would be a good fit for the position and why they want the position. Please submit a resume with your letter. Please submit all applications by Friday, March 18.
E-BOARD MEMBERS MUST BE PAID EMU PRSSA MEMBERS, OR WILLING TO BECOME PAID MEMBERS IN THE FALL SEMESTERS.
Positions available include:
- President: Organize the general and executive board meetings in association with the Vice President of Member Relations and oversee the flow of the organization as a whole. Assist with special projects; act as a liaison to PRSA Detroit and official advisors, assist in the coordination in the fall Student Development Conference.
- Vice President of Professional Development: Assist in coordination of the Student Development Conference, assist with special projects. Help obtain portfolio opportunities for members, coordinate professional development efforts, continue to add internship contacts to the internship spreadsheet, work with the members to find internships, handle alumni information.
- Vice President of Member Relations: Manage the PRSSA Gmail account. Check account daily and forward emails where they need to go. Communicate with members to find out their idea of what they want out of membership in PRSSA, create surveys to assess interest in member topics, liaison between members and executive board, coordinate outreach to PR related classes to talk about PRSSA, contact all new members to make them feel welcome.
- Chief Financial Officer: Process requisitions and account transactions, act as principle advisor for fundraising, oversee fundraising committee, keep updated and accurate account records, keep executive knowledgeable of financial status including outstanding balances, etc.
- Vice President of Public Relations: Distribute flyers and other materials to potential members. Write and submit press releases to local media outlets when required, clip articles with PRSSA mentions in published materials, maintain and update bulletin boards throughout campus, manage blog.
- Director of Social Media: Maintain social media presence of EMU PRSSA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Vice President of Special Events and Programs: Plan the induction ceremony and spring gala, assist VP of Member Relations in planning social events for members, coordinate the Student Development Conference, assist in any other special projects as they come up.
- Vice President of External Relations: Coordinate chapter events and activities outside of regularly scheduled PRSSA functions or events. This includes at least one community outreach event each year and overseeing the logistics of the Bateman Competition.
To see a more detailed list of each position’s job responsibilities, click here: Executive Board Positions.