By: Danita Tatum
This has been a great semester for PRSSA and with the year coming to an end, let’s take a look back at all that’s happened in PRSSA this past semester.
- Stan Stein from Weber Shandwick gave us helpful information for pursuing a career in PR at our annual Student Development Conference.
- We welcomed Professor Jamie Ward as the PRSSA faculty advisor.
- Students learned from PR professionals while visiting the Tanner Friedman Agency, the GM Social Media Center and the SS Digital Agency.
- Members solved a crisis during our Crisis Communication workshop with Jared Meade.
- Social media guru Lindsay Blackwell gave PRSSA members tips on standing out with the use of social media at our Social Media workshop.
Fall 2015 has been a great one for PRSSA and we look forward to more learning experiences and fun in the winter 2016 semester. With all that we’ve done, it’s also great to look at what’s happened outside of PRSSA. Here are five PR news stories from 2015.
- Weber Shandwick received the Agency of the Year award.
- Dinner at the Hogwarts’ Great Hall at the Warner Bros Studio outside of London.
- #LikeAGirl received the Campaign of the Year Award.
- Mercedes-Benz creates uncrashable toy cars to promote anti-crashing feature in new cars.
- “Wake Up and Smell the Bacon” received the Most Creative Use of Technology Shorty Award.
Danita Tatum is a senior majoring in public relations with a minor in psychology program. She is the Vice President of Professional Development for EMU-PRSSA. Danita also works as a writing tutor at the University Writing Center and manages a PR blog of her own.