Balanced Integration, LLC and Grant Enterprises are both looking for interns. Job descriptions for the internships can be found below and are reposted with permission.
Balanced Integration, LLC: PR/Marketing Internship
This job will require a minimum of 15-18 hours/ week. The intern will report directly to Dr Pryce through phone (calls, text), and weekly in person meetings from start of semester to end of the semester. The job requires and entails but is not limited to the following:
1. Media Kit (see details for what it includes pg 65-86 of Tricks of the Trade Seminar notes): This is done, but needs to be tweaked.
Developed for Radio and TV
– This kit will be used to gain speaking and TV engagements as well as radio spots.
– Brochures: specialized based on my practice.
– Booking health fairs.
2.White Board Video
–What is a naturopathic concierge Physician? 1:30 duration
3. YouTube Channel
– How to videos that are posted on the website within a blog.
4. Trifolds created as well as other marketing pieces.
5. Social Media: Will monitor and post to the following sites (weekly) with oversight from Dr Pryce.
- Yelp (develop a better profile)
- LinkedIn (look into LinkedIn University)- create a Balanced Integration profile
- Ghost Blog – reference Mainstreet Blog info and schedule. Always share for editing before posting
- Monthly formatting and posting of the “Your Monthly Dose of Balance” newsletter
- liv360.com www.liv360.com/p/balancedintegration
(firstname.lastname@example.org and Balance00)
6. Marketing Plan- Completed
Standard Operating Procedures (as a Balanced Integration Marketing/PR Intern).
- Written details of what you do and how you do it- this has been started
- Video of what you do ie: newsletter
Interning with Grant Enterprises affords you a unique opportunity to gain experience working for various start-ups across multiple business sectors. Each venture has seen rapid growth since inception, which allows for unique experiences and personal growth. Please find each entities descriptions below:
Infused PR and Events, LLC is a full-service public/media relations and event planning company specializing in branding, community relations, media relations and event logistics for events. This includes event design and décor, securing of sponsorship dollars, sponsorship fulfillment, and staffing. www.infusedpr.com
Flash Delivery, a start-up that launched in November 2013 specializes in restaurant and grocery delivery in Metro Detroit. Flash Delivery offers our hungry, convenience-minded customers the food they want at the location they want, when they want it – with an uncompromising quality, service, and value. The company is based in Detroit and its goal is to assist with filling the food delivery void that exists in Detroit. www.flashdeliverymi.com.
Holiday Helpers 2 You is a pop-up gift-wrapping and personal shopping service located in Metro Detroit. Holiday Helpers works with a wide variety of clients ranging from corporations to residential communities to provide gift wrapping and personal shopping as a convenience to families, employees, and residents. We offer an array of services, including but not limited to: corporate pop-up shops, pickup & delivery, gift assembly, and personal shopping services. www.holidayhelpers2you.com.
Business Divas Diaries (BDD) was created as a way for career and entrepreneurial-minded women to connect with one another. Whether it serves as an outlet for one to submit stories and inspire others, or as a resource for one to ask questions and get opinions, BDD is a judgment-free zone that’s here for open and collaborative communication.
Business Divas Diaries features monthly profile stories from successful businesswomen, to inspire other women to greatness! Furthermore, the site features recommended products and services from women, by women, as well as other must-have items. It has been said that women don’t work well together and kick each other, rather than extending a hand to help one another. The concept of Business Divas Diaries came from having experiences of being kicked, as well as those of being given hands that have created plentiful opportunities, from women. Hopefully you find the site useful, inspiring and therapeutic. www.businessdivasdiaries.com
Various projects and duties to be performed are:
- Developing media lists
- Writing and editing press releases
- Pitching stories to media
- Contributing to brainstorming sessions
- Attending client meetings
- Assisting with strategic planning with the development of the companies
- Day-of/event execution and staffing
- Assisting with business development functions – identifying networking opportunities, researching, contacts, etc.
- Planning and day-of execution of special events
- Studying and staying on top of media trends; specifically, social media and SEO
- Social media management
- Attending networking/professional development events
- Community relations programming development
- Assisting with business development and proposal writing
- Providing input on websites – – working with graphic designer
- Writing stories and managing content for Business Divas Diaries
- Developing list of feature stories to pitch
- PR plan development of wedding “arm” of Infused PR & Events
- Organization/administrative duties
- Speaking engagement management
- Additional responsibilities to be determined
- 1-2 prior PR/event planning internship(s) or equivalent coursework
- Prior media pitching experience (written)
- Knowledge and experience with AP Style
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and trends
- Strong understanding of client confidentiality. Will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Writing samples (3 – different styles of writing) will be requested upon interview. Writing sample can be class, volunteer or professional work.
- Internet access to perform work duties.
- Knowledgeable and experience with Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- “Go-getter” attitude, high-level of self-esteem, confidence and poise
- Physical ability to move up to 25 lbs and set-up for events
- 10-15 hours/week to commit to internship.
Many duties required of the position can be done at home, however mileage reimbursement will be provided for days working in the Infused office, as well as other work-related expenses. The internship requires weekly conference calls and/or in-person meetings. The internship schedule is flexible and can be determined by agreed upon terms. The internship pays minimum wage and mileage reimbursement for 90 days, with a current opportunity for employment (part-time) after 90-day review.
Further questions can be directed to Tatiana Grant at email@example.com and (248) 514-9620.