A special election will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 5:30 p.m. for two E-board positions: Vice President of Professional Development and Vice President of Special Events & Programs. Members interested in running for one of these positions should submit a letter of intent by Friday, Nov. 13. Letters of intent should be e-mailed to Vice President of Member Relations Rachel Dwornick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to the bylaws, the responsibilities of these positions are:
Vice President of Professional Development:
Assist in coordination of the Student Development Conference, assist with special projects. Help obtain portfolio opportunities for members, coordinate professional development efforts, continue to add internship contacts to the internship spreadsheet, work with the members to find internships, handle alumni information.
- Must perform duties of the President if they are unable. Help the president coordinate and direct committee activates and chapter operations.
- Coordinate and disseminate information about PRSA associate membership for graduating PRSSA members.
- Responsible for working with members on helping them find internships.
- Assist the president with updating bylaws with the assistance of the Faculty Advisor.
- Stay in contact with national office and keep an updated calendar in the office of National events and deadlines; including, but not limited to: scholarships, Bateman, Conferences, etc. A list must be presented to members at the first general meeting of the semester.
- Must seek out and collect donations and organize the trip to the national conference for executive board members with the rest of the board’s help and insight (including, but not limited to, reserving flights and hotels, collecting money if needed, etc.).
- Make an agenda for office hours and make it available for members.
- Plan at least one agency tour per semester.
Vice President of Special Events and Programs:
Plan the induction ceremony and spring gala, assist VP of Member Relations in planning social events for members, coordinate the Student Development Conference, assist in any other special projects as they come up.
- Perform duties of Vice President of Professional Development if they are unable to do so.
- Responsible for planning Fajita Fest events as well as the Fall and Winter kick-off meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring the logistics of SDC: catering menu, venue and set up, speakers, rentals, parking validation, etc. with the assistance of the EMU Event Planning Office. One week prior to the event, the VP of Professional Development must check in the VP of Special Events & Programs to ensure that the logistics have been confirmed.
- Plan the spring Speed Mentoring Event.
- Organize and plan logistics for the Bateman Competition.