Internship is paid ($10/hour) and academic credit is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communication.
- Draft and develop, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts, and other stories.
- Assists in the development of communication materials and social media content.
- Ensure accuracy of social media and website content, including sourcing photography and securing media releases / waivers.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Other responsibilities may include daily news briefs, Friday e-blast, follow up stories, and ad hoc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
PREFERRED REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook calendar management).
- Solid organizational skills, as well as resourcefulness, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate proofreading, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate web-based, WordPress experience.
- Ability to work in a team setting or alone.
- Must be a self-motivated starter.
- Must possess skills for accurate note-taking.
- Ability to closely follow directions
Must be currently enrolled in an Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s degree level program in the following areas; Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or English, Marketing, or a communications related field such as Digital Media. Work experience within a non-profit environment is preferred, but not required.
To apply send cover letters and resumes to Careers@detempsol.org.