My name is Scotty Mullin and people think I’m a little out of whack because I don’t wake up until 1p.m. For most professional people, the second part of their workday is occurring, while my day is just beginning and I love it. Allow me to explain why I’m a late night owl and break down why it’s the only life for me.
8. Scheduling: For most people, life begins at 7 a.m. or 8 a.m. and ends at 11 p.m. or midnight. Not for me, I believe life begins whenever you can schedule it in. I schedule work in the afternoons in order to be able to work 40 hours a week. I schedule my days off on school days and allow myself plenty of time to have free time, after 8 p.m. on those days, I get to hang out with my friends and be down to clown.
7. Friends: With a late-night lifestyle, you get to hang out with your friends until 1 a.m. or 2a.m.…..once they go to sleep, you are free and the night is yours.
6. Silence: The world is so quiet at 3a.m. It is so serene. No distractions. Just peaceful enough you can get the job done.
5. Laundry: At 4 a.m. the luxury of laundry is all yours
4. Chores: When people see a roomie doing a chore, they may try to help. If you have a certain way of doing things, it is frustrating, because odds are, they will do it wrong. If you get a chance to do chores by yourself while everyone’s sleeping, you will get a chance to do it right, and not worry about the guilt of doing a chore alone and seeing someone feel bad and helping because it’s the right thing to do.
3.Thinking Time: It’s hard to think if everyone’s up and having a laugh. If you are up on a Wednesday at 3 a.m., you could get some seriously good alone time, to analyze plans and not worry about your roommate’s stresses.
2. Temperatures: In the Summer, Midnight is too hot to sleep in comfort. In the Winter, Midnight is too cold to go sleep in but, 5 a.m. in all seasons temperature’s perfect.
1.Fridge Raids: The Early Bird gets the worm, but the late night owl gets the yummy leftovers the early bird leave behind.
Living with a late night owl isn’t a bad thing. We are loving, we are caring, and we make sure chores get finalized. We are the people who make sure the doors are locked and we are the people who make sure no harm will come upon us during sleep. We are the last line of defense.