Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, makes your site appear in web search results.
Great Content + Quality Links = Search Engine Success!
Google promotes web pages that rank high in the SEO, making them authority pages. This means if your web page is of authority, it is seen on the first page of a Google search.
How do I make my page an authority page?
Use keywords on your web page that people would put into a Google search box. This means linger away from big words: KISS (Keep It Super Simple)!
Most people enter phrases when searching, so use phrases in addition to single words.
Second, link up your page! By providing links you are increasing the importance of your web page. Links are seen as votes and the more votes you have, the more you are capable of ranking on page 1 of a Google search.
- Use keywords
- Build links
When linking your page be sure to use quality links. Untrustworthy sites linked to your page will not get you on page 1 of Google-no matter how many links you have. Quality over quantity.
If you have not begun to optimize your website, hopefully this has helped you. If your site is already optimized continue to read for SEO tips.
According to Forbes, these 10 tips should help improve your SEO efforts this year!
- Content: Write good content that is regularly updated. Don’t spend days or weeks at a time MIA from your site.
- Showcase Coverage: Be sure News or Press Room coverage is present on your site so that a source is provided for updated content.
- Keywords: Use the RIGHT keywords. There are tools, such as Google Analytics that allow you to see which keywords are widely used
- Keyword Ratio: Use keywords regularly. Keyword density ratio should be about 3 percent
- Text Styling: Use bullet points, italicize, or bold for keywords
- Images: Optimize images by using keywords in the title and alt tag of the images
- Video Tags: Use tags in videos
- Hyperlinks: Hyperlink phrases that include keywords
- Analytics: You should conduct regular analysis via Google Analytics and other search engines.
Now that you have successfully optimized your site, test it out here!